Football season is nearly upon us! What are you going to serve your guest on game day? Try this healthier twist on guacamole! (Repost from Facebook friend)
Low cal guacamole
Try this version, made with creamy mashed white beans and a single avocado. Traditional guacamole has approximately 110 calories for 1/4 cup, but ours has just 65 — we’ve reduced the calories by 40 percent!
Prep Time: 15 min
Yields: 3 cups
Related: 8 More Healthy Dips and Spreads
– 1 can(s) (15 to 19 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed
– 1 tablespoon(s) (or to taste) lime juice
– 1 jalapeño chile, seeded
– 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
– 1/4 cup(s) coarsely chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui)
– 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
– 2 plum tomatoes
– Baked tortilla chips or fresh-cut vegetables
1. In food processor with knife blade attached, puree beans and 1 tablespoon lime juice until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl.
2. In same processor, place jalapeño, cilantro, onion, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pulse until juicy and thick.
3. With spoon, scoop avocado from peel into bowl with beans; mash with fork until mixture is blended, with some chunks remaining.